Wednesday 10 November 2010

Architecture of words.

Spelling bee Smartypants.
















I have really had enough!
(Of spelling bees and sim’lar stough).

Some words simply flow, although
Why others don’t I‘ll never knough!

It’s as if a writer’s cough,
Was put there just to slough us ough!

Testing times they put us through;
And perfect scores are very fough.

Not for winners, horse and plough
Easy street for them and hough!

Sitting highest in the borough,
Laughing like a kookaborough.

But here am I, in life’s deep trough
Becoming to-tal-ly pissed ough

And wond’ring if I’ll get my wish
To ask them how they’d spell ‘swordphysche’!

With apologies to Jingle Poetry.
Pic borrowed from
here.

13 comments:

  1. No sorry, dear friend,
    you are a true poet,
    you work on your own schedule,
    I am tickled whenever you came in...
    I bless you for your day if not...
    Glad to see you.
    Cheers.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. bahahahaha "swordphysche" I love it!
    It's rare that a poem makes me laugh.
    Great stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Stafford. You've got me exercising my chuckle-muscles, early on, today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. First post I've read to day - and you have got me off to a great start.

    Lovely take on the prompt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the laughter your poetry draws out.

    Cheers, Stafford.

    ReplyDelete
  6. http://thursdaypoetsrallypoetry.wordpress.com/2010/11/08/my-sister-lives-too-far-away/

    awards 4 u...
    have a lovely day.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Okay, you've got me hooked! This is the first time I've been here, but I think I'm gonna start reading your blog from now on. This poem is just hilarious! Two thumbs up! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this Stafford!...YOU are awesome....you are a man of your own words that make others think and smile! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. great poem. my daughter will love this. fanciful word play that left me smiling. nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Haha!! Witty, sarcastic and an absolute delight to read!!
    I loved your take on the theme... smart and (well) funny!! ;-)

    Sweet and songlike it was though
    Sung by one cute wee sparrough :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very funny Stafford :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. So clever ... reminds me of all the 'word verification' hoops we jump through.

    ReplyDelete

(leave a message)