Monday 25 May 2015

Channeling Grandma.


















Mornings, I’m equipped for a sojourn to the brook,
With fold-up seat and a jolly good book.
But ‘fore I leave the inside,
Ready for the outside,
Is my hat and my bag and my brolly on a hook.

Madly rehearsing Sarabande for the Batemans Bay Writers Festival where we (Paul Baker and Sarah Leaver and me), will be plying live Muzak for the cognoscenti. I know it's a big word, but it is late at night here and I have had a nice glass of Pinot Gris.

Thanks you Tess for encouraging we scribblers to aspire to higher things. .

6 comments:

  1. Enjoy your tintinnabulations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Antidisestablishmentarianism. So there!
      BTW, MS spell check did not like that one bit.

      Delete
    2. very fun little limerick ditty.....have fun with your music and have a sip of Pinot Grigio for me!

      Delete
  2. I have no idea what you are talking about hahahaha have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your poetry brought with it vivid images of my sweet great grandmother ~~ an insatiable reader! Cheers. XX

    ReplyDelete
  4. You lime a good old rick, Stafford..! You lucky dog rehearsing for Sarabande! Future festival recordings for those of us who can't even pronounce coggysenti-thingy...?

    ReplyDelete

(leave a message)